Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First day of work

Today was the start of the rest of my life and because of its importance I decided to make some key goals. Everything in this world can always be improved, and I am no exception to this rule. Therefore today I decided to implement a new habit that would help me reach one of my goals. Apparently 21 consecutive days of doing a new habit makes it dissolve into a part of your daily routine (like brushing your teeth in the morning). My overall goal is to be healthier and as part of that I want to go for daily walks on the beach. The beach soothes my mind and relaxes me, and the walking is great for my figure. To make sure I don't weasel my way out of it I am going to get up earlier each morning and do it before anything else in my day. If its raining I'll still get up at the same time but I will use my walking time to read biographies and inspirational books. So... 21 consecutive days and hopefully then it will start to feel like a part of my routine.

Walk #1: Was amazing! The sun was shining through one hole in the clouds and I found a glass bottle with living barnicles and pipi-like creatures attached to it. When the wave washed over it, the little animals inside the shells would poke their (for lack of a better word) heads out. A couple of surfers were tackling the rips and a mum was playing with her two young children. All in all my walk this morning was a classic representation of all that is beautiful in this world. It was a perfect way to start my first day of work.

The other day I talked about my fear of starting this new job. When ever I do a new task that I have previously not done I feel scared and uncomfortable. I think it has to do with worrying that I will do it wrong, or that I won't be up to scratch. Today I got thrown in the deep end and told I will be running the marketing department for three weeks. Getting stuck into it straight away I did a task in about 2 hours that would normally take 5 minutes! I felt sooooooo out of my league. Anyway things got a little better after lunch. I got to do a task that I felt quite comfortable with (only because I've done it so many times before). I had to source some GWP (gift with purchase) items, and I did this in record time. If I do say so myself I think the options I presented were fantastic! After that I had a meeting with HR to discuss induction, hours, and pay etc. This was hugely interesting because the CEO hasn't told HR yet what money I'm on. Pay goes in on Sunday. Hopefully he decides what I'm worth before then... and it better be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment