Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Flying High Wisdom


Just got off the plane from Sydney to Gold Coast for a modelling job for Bonds. First day of proper work tomorrow and I am so exhausted but I promised myself I was going to write down this awesome quote from the book I was reading on the flight. It totally inspired me because yesterday I was holding onto fears about starting this new job, and now I feel excited and pumped for the challenge. Here... take a read...


"Fear is a conditioned response: a life-sucking habit that can easily consume your energy, creativity and spirit if you are not careful. When fear rears its ugly head, beat it down quickly. The best way to do that is to do the thing you fear. Understand the anatomy of fear. It is your own creation. Like any other creation, it is just as easy to tear it down as it is to erect it."

(The Monk who sold his Ferrari, Robin S. Sharma)


And here is a little video too...



It might sound a bit "new age" but it helped me conquer my worries about this job. I'm just going to try my hardest for three weeks and see where it takes me. If I find my place in the world, then fantastic, and if I don't... well, at least I'll be one step closer.

xx

T

No comments:

Post a Comment