Monday, December 27, 2010

Independent Woman

I've been doing a lot of thinking and I realised that over the years I earned a small fortune yet all I have to show for it is 3 wardrobes of clothes, a bunch of shoes and some jewelry. And at the end of the day those things are not exactly going to set me up for life are they? And I certainly can't rely on my parents to help me out! And most men are obsessed with making their own money so I doubt one will take the time out to teach me how to invest my own. It's time I take control of my future and devise a financial strategy for 2011 and beyond.

I don't want to work just for money. I want to earn money and then have my money work for me! I want there to be a time in my life where I don't actually have to go to work day in and day out if I don't want to. I want to be able to have an income from non-wage related sources so in the event that I can't work, or don't want to (if I get sick, want to travel, or have babies) I still have a substantial income and can live the life that I want to.

So far I have worked out that in order to build my wealth instead of spending my money on things like clothes and shoes, I need to spend it on assets, or rather things that will some day generate an income for me such as stocks, bonds, real estate, mutual funds, or intellectual property. The problem here is that although I know that these can generate an income for me I have no idea about how they work, or how to go about buying them, or selling them for that matter. I don't know the in's and out's and this is something I need to learn if I want to be an independent woman and financially free.

Anyone want to teach me?

No comments:

Post a Comment