Saturday, December 18, 2010

Open ur eyes

I often say to people that it is the little things in life that give you the most happiness if you open your eyes and experience them for what they are.


Others often say that timing is everything.


Timing and opening your eyes = happiness. Simple logic.


Yesterday as I settled into seat 36A (on my flight to Sydney) I pulled out my eye cover and made the decision to catch up on some much needed sleep. As I enetered the rehlm of darkness my dreams took over me and I slept in a perfect delight. About an hour into the flight something stirred inside of me. A little voice told me to take off the cover and look out the window. When I followed my intuition, what I saw took my breathe away.


Below me the earth was covered in darkness. My gaze extended over the land, out towards the ocean, and the up to stare at the moon. Suddenly as we moved the angle of the moon changed and the light it reflected beamed off the waterways below. One by one lakes, rivers and streams were lit up from the darkness revealing paths in the earth that would otherwise have gone unoticed. It was like a scene out of a fairytale where magic is in the air and incredible things happen. Like in Ferngully when Christa takes Zac into the forest to show him the hidden beauty.



There are things like this that surround us every day in life and it is only when you open your eyes at the right time that you get to experience the magic. Tonight I followed my intuition and I opened my eyes at the right time. I saw something magnificant. I was mesmerized

No comments:

Post a Comment